ChannelManagerSingleton usage with multiple servers

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:18 AM

Hi Daniel,

First off I'd just like to mention that I love your work here, I've learnt a lot just by going through the source.

My specific question is how ChannelManager's GetChannel would function with multiple servers which use the same interface contract. Wouldn't it just create the channel once for the first server queried and then return that same channel  every time after?

I ask because from what I understand, it appears to only be matching on the serviceType and I can't seem to see any reference to the location that service is being hosted but perhaps I'm just missing something obvious.

Example:

Server A with contract IFoo

Server B with contract IFoo

Client wants to make a call to both server A/B using contract IFoo with the same method.

In the example above wouldn't the ChannelManager create one channel for which ever server was hit first and then return that same channel for the other server due to use of the same contract?

Regards,

Fx

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Hi Fx,

The current implementation of the ChannelManagerSingleton is limited to, as you say, one to one associations. It's a case I hadn't considered. I will create a work item.

Thanks for your message and kind words.

Cheers,

Daniel

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2011 at 11:24 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.