HowTo : remove modules which are loaded by default in Calcium

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:30 PM

I am completely new to Calcium and MVVM. it's exciting and Calcium is a great project. However to have a quickstart. How can I remove the  modules which are loaded by default ?

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Hi Wim,

Any or all default modules can be prevented from loading via the AppStarter. To exclude default modules use the ExcludedModules list.
// starter.StartupOptions.ModuleCatalogOptions.ExcludedModules.Add(ModuleNames.OutputDisplay);

The ModuleNames also has an Enumerable<string> of default module names.

Cheers,

Daniel

PS. Thanks for reposting your question here. :)

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Also, I forgot to mention that this feature is not in the release version yet. It's available in the source version.

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Thanks,

I have downloaded the source but I can't load it. Visual Studio 2008 hangs when loading the Calcium.VSIntegration.VS09Setup.vdproj and Calcium.VSIntegration.VS10Setup.vdproj

projects. Please can you release build the latest source ?

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2010 at 3:43 PM
Edited Mar 8, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Have you tried this? http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/9a0b3699-7109-4ac4-bd77-3efc8b841c27/

or this http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2008/10/03/troubleshooting-visual-studion-2008-design-view-hangs-issues.aspx

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:26 AM

Ok, thanks it works with http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/9a0b3699-7109-4ac4-bd77-3efc8b841c27/

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Hi, When I do a release build I have now the following error for the VsIntegration projects

Error 1 File 'dte80.olb' cannot be shared in Global Assembly Cache folder; only assemblies are allowed. E:\Calcium\Calcium-64549\Source\Calcium\Calcium\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS10Setup\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS10Setup.vdproj Calcium.VSIntegration.VS10Setup
Error 2 File 'dte90.olb' cannot be shared in Global Assembly Cache folder; only assemblies are allowed. E:\Calcium\Calcium-64549\Source\Calcium\Calcium\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS10Setup\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS10Setup.vdproj Calcium.VSIntegration.VS10Setup
Error 3 File 'dte80a.olb' cannot be shared in Global Assembly Cache folder; only assemblies are allowed. E:\Calcium\Calcium-64549\Source\Calcium\Calcium\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS10Setup\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS10Setup.vdproj Calcium.VSIntegration.VS10Setup
Error 4 File 'dte90.olb' cannot be shared in Global Assembly Cache folder; only assemblies are allowed. E:\Calcium\Calcium-64549\Source\Calcium\Calcium\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS09Setup\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS09Setup.vdproj Calcium.VSIntegration.VS09Setup
Error 5 File 'dte80.olb' cannot be shared in Global Assembly Cache folder; only assemblies are allowed. E:\Calcium\Calcium-64549\Source\Calcium\Calcium\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS09Setup\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS09Setup.vdproj Calcium.VSIntegration.VS09Setup
Error 6 File 'dte80a.olb' cannot be shared in Global Assembly Cache folder; only assemblies are allowed. E:\Calcium\Calcium-64549\Source\Calcium\Calcium\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS09Setup\Calcium.VSIntegration.VS09Setup.vdproj Calcium.VSIntegration.VS09Setup

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:53 AM

I have excluded the file from the setup projects and now I can build everything.

The new features are available now.

Regards

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2010 at 7:29 AM

The error message you are receiving is a red herring. There is a powershell script that is executed as part of the release build, If it can't execute then it is likely to be causing the problem. It produces an error message describing how to fix the issue. The powershell script only needs to execute if the VS template files have been modified. So you should be ok.

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Last question for my first tutorial :)

How can we hide the standardtoolbar and remove menu items which are standard ?

REgards,

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2010 at 6:39 PM

You can either add your own Style for the ShellView type (copy the style from WindowDictionary.xaml, customize PART_ContentControl_Menu, and place it in your application resources), or use the RegionManager to locate the MenuNames.MainMenu region etc.