Calcium: A modular application toolset for WPF and Windows Phone
Calcium is an application tool set, providing much of what you need to rapidly build multifaceted and sophisticated applications for WPF and Windows Phone
Calcium comes in two flavours: Calcium for WPF and Calcium for Windows Phone.
The Calcium project's main site is at calciumsdk.net
Documentation is located at calciumsdk.net/Documentation.aspx
Introductory video is located at calciumsdk.net/Demo.aspx
Get up to the minute news on Calcium at twitter.com/calciumsdk
Show support by becoming a fan on Facebook
Calcium for Windows Phone
Some of Calcium for Windows Phone features include:
A user option's system that allows you to add a settable option to an options page, with a single line of code.
A bindable application bar with toggle buttons and menu items, hyperlink button/menu items, which allows you to host multiple application bars in a Pivot.
Built-in support for localization. Bindable resources allows the user to change the interface language at run-time.
An IoC container and DI infrastructure, and templates to allow you to hide or show a Purchase link in your app depending on the • Trial state of your app and so forth.
Templates for Views with ViewModels.
Attribute based state persistence system.
Message service that allows you to display messages and ask the user questions from your ViewModel.
Launchers and Choosers abstraction layer.
Input Validation system, with styles customized for displaying validation errors.
Calcium for WPF
Calcium for WPF consists of a client application and server based WCF services, which allow interaction and communication between clients. Out of the box, Calcium comes with a host of modules and services, and an infrastructure that is ready to use in your next application.
The following is a list of just some of the features of Calcium for WPF:
- Visual Studio templates for instantly creating Calcium projects, including client applications, MVVM Module Templates, and server WCF host projects. (C# and VB.NET!)
- Module Manager for enabling or disabling of modules at runtime.
- Theme Support (with two themes included)
- Duplex messaging services for interacting with the user from the client or server using the same API. Interact with the user using Message Boxes from the server!
- A Command Service to associate WPF ICommands with content interfaces that only become active when an active view or viewmodel implements the interface.
- Region Adapters for ToolBars and Menus.
- Client-server logging ready to work out-of-the-box.
- Includes modules, such as a Web Browser, Text Editor, Output Window, and many more.
- Tabbed interface with dirty file indication (reusable across modules).
- A User Affinity module that assists collaboration with other users of the application.
- Undo/Redo/Repeat task management system.
- And many more!
Calcium is a project by Daniel Vaughan
For further information about this project please see