This project is read-only.

WCF interface is awesome, couple of questions...

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:30 AM

Hi Daniel,

Really just started playing with Calcium the past 2 days and after your note on the WCF services, I had that up and running in about 5 minutes. Created the web project, proxy classes, and it was working.

In looking through the docs, the screen shots show the "Connected Users" and "Demo" tabs on the left. I see the discussion about them as well, but do not see how to actually make them show up... I am sure its something simple... whats the trick?

For my project I am using this for, I'd like to be able to integrate TeleRik WPF controls in with it... The side panels, I'd like to have as the fly out panels... This would involve changing the base class window.. any issues with this?

I had used the DotNetNuke framework over in ASP.NET land.. one of the features there that was nice to have was user security. You could create users and assign them to groups and pages could be set to only allow access to certain groups/users. Anything like this in the works? It would be very helpful!

Thanks for some great stuff!

Harold

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Hi Harold,

To include those modules, reference their respective assemblies.

You can change the control template for the IShellView. This means you don't need to reimplement everything in the ShellView class. Katka is working on a FAQ, which should be out soon, that details lots of things like this.

There is a feature request on the issue tracker for role based module loading. The feature, as it stands, may not provide enough capability. I will perhaps implement something similar to the View Service, whereby a UI element can be associated with a set of rules.

If you have any features you would like to have implemented, please add them to the issue tracker.

Cheers,

Daniel

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:17 AM

Hi Daniel,

"To include those modules, reference their respective assemblies."

Sorry to be a pain, but I do not see separate assemblies for the "demo" and "connected users" modules. Where would these be located? I did a drive wide search, and nothing came up...

Thanks!

Harold

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Hi Harold,

The demo is the "Message Service Demo" module, and is located in the DanielVaughan.Calcium.MessageServiceDemo assembly. The connected users is the "User Affinity" module located in the DanielVaughan.Calcium.UserAffinity assembly.

Cheers,

Daniel