This project is read-only.

about the video tutorial on the Calcium SDK Homepage (log4net issue)

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Edited Feb 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I ran the video on http://www.calciumsdk.net/Demo.aspx

and coming to the point where Daniel is talking about the logging feature

"Out of the box Calcium comes equipped
with clog, a client logging library that is setup to its log4net..."

and a Log4Net Viewer pops up. I don't have this window.

I noticed that log4net is configured for port 8080 (On that port my
tomcat is running). So I changed it to 8180 (in both configs that are in
the project). But I still don't have any log4net window in my application or in VS.

This is, what I could retrieve from the system event logs:

Clog Error: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocator.get_Current()
   bei DanielVaughan.ServiceLocatorSingleton.GetInstance[TService]() in D:\Calcium\Source\Core\Core\ServiceLocation\ServiceLocatorSingleton.cs:Zeile 78.
   bei DanielVaughan.ServiceLocatorSingleton.RegisterInstance[TService](TService service) in D:\Calcium\Source\Core\Core\ServiceLocation\ServiceLocatorSingleton.cs:Zeile 105.
   bei DanielVaughan.ServiceModel.ChannelManagerSingleton.GetChannel[TChannel]() in D:\Calcium\Source\Core\Core\ServiceModel\ChannelManagerSingleton.cs:Zeile 140.
   bei DanielVaughan.Logging.LogStrategies.ClientStrategy.GetConfigurationData(IClientInfo clientInfo) in D:\Calcium\Source\Clog\Clog\Logging\LogStrategies\ClientStrategy.cs:Zeile 35.
   bei DanielVaughan.Logging.LogStrategies.ClientStrategy.Write(IServerLogEntry logEntry) in D:\Calcium\Source\Clog\Clog\Logging\LogStrategies\ClientStrategy.cs:Zeile 69.
   bei DanielVaughan.Logging.Log.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__1(Object ) in D:\Calcium\Source\Clog\Clog\Logging\Log.cs:Zeile 312. Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.    bei Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocator.get_Current()
   bei DanielVaughan.ServiceLocatorSingleton.GetInstance[TService]() in D:\Calcium\Source\Core\Core\ServiceLocation\ServiceLocatorSingleton.cs:Zeile 78.
   bei DanielVaughan.ServiceLocatorSingleton.RegisterInstance[TService](TService service) in D:\Calcium\Source\Core\Core\ServiceLocation\ServiceLocatorSingleton.cs:Zeile 105.
   bei DanielVaughan.ServiceModel.ChannelManagerSingleton.GetChannel[TChannel]() in D:\Calcium\Source\Core\Core\ServiceModel\ChannelManagerSingleton.cs:Zeile 140.
   bei DanielVaughan.Logging.LogStrategies.ClientStrategy.GetConfigurationData(IClientInfo clientInfo) in D:\Calcium\Source\Clog\Clog\Logging\LogStrategies\ClientStrategy.cs:Zeile 35.
   bei DanielVaughan.Logging.LogStrategies.ClientStrategy.Write(IServerLogEntry logEntry) in D:\Calcium\Source\Clog\Clog\Logging\LogStrategies\ClientStrategy.cs:Zeile 69.
   bei DanielVaughan.Logging.Log.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__1(Object ) in D:\Calcium\Source\Clog\Clog\Logging\Log.cs:Zeile 312.

Weitere Informationen über die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie 

--

Christoph

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Christoph,

I used the Log4Net viewer http://devintelligence.com/log4netviewer/ but there are a few of these around. I will be moving the default logging strategy to NLog soon, as Lo4Net's UDP appender doesn't support IPv6, and is not being adequately maintained. I've noticed issues with it when debugging in VS2010.

Regards,

Daniel

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:13 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Hi Daniel,

thanks. I dowloaded it, had to tweak the config (IP and port  ) and it works now and I can see the logs.

--

Christoph