Calcium is an application tool set, providing much of what you need to rapidly build multifaceted and sophisticated applications for WPF and Windows Phone
Calcium comes in two flavours: Calcium for Windows Phone and Calcium for WPF.
The Calcium project's main site is at calciumsdk.com
Documentation is located at calciumsdk.com/Documentation.aspx
Introductory video is located at calciumsdk.com/Demo.aspx
Get up to the minute news on Calcium at twitter.com/calciumsdk
Show support by becoming a fan on Facebook
Calcium is a project by Daniel Vaughan
Calcium for Windows Phone
Calcium for Windows Phone is a consolidation of the infrastructure code that has been written for the book
Windows Phone 7.5 Unleashed
, and is already used by a number of published apps. Calcium for Windows Phone is a light weight framework for incorporating the main features that every app needs. Unlike Calcium for WPF and Silverlight, Calcium for Windows Phone
does not depend on Prism and has a smaller footprint, more suitable for the mobile platform.
Some of Calcium for Windows Phone features include:
- A user options system that allows you to add a settable option to an options page, with a single line of code.
- A bindable application bar with toggle buttons and menu items, hyperlink button/menu items, which allows you to host multiple application bars in a Pivot.
- Built-in support for localization. Bindable resources allows the user to change the interface language at run-time.
- An IoC container and DI infrastructure, and templates to allow you to hide or show a Purchase link in your app depending on the • Trial state of your app and so forth.
- Templates for Views with ViewModels.
- Attribute based state persistence system.
- Message service that allows you to display messages and ask the user questions from your ViewModel.
- Launchers and Choosers abstraction layer.
- Input Validation system, with styles customized for displaying validation errors.
Calcium for WPF
Calcium for WPF consists of a client application and server based WCF services, which allow interaction and communication between clients. Out of the box, Calcium comes with a host of modules and services, and an infrastructure that is ready to use in your
The following is a list of just some of the features of Calcium for WPF:
- Visual Studio templates for instantly creating Calcium projects, including client applications, MVVM Module Templates, and server WCF host projects. (C# and VB.NET!)
- Module Manager for enabling or disabling of modules at runtime.
- Theme Support (with two themes included)
- Duplex messaging services for interacting with the user from the client or server using the same API. Interact with the user using Message Boxes from the server!
- A Command Service to associate WPF ICommands with content interfaces that only become active when an active view or viewmodel implements the interface.
- Region Adapters for ToolBars and Menus.
- Client-server logging ready to work out-of-the-box.
- Includes modules, such as a Web Browser, Text Editor, Output Window, and many more.
- Tabbed interface with dirty file indication (reusable across modules).
- A User Affinity module that assists collaboration with other users of the application.
- Undo/Redo/Repeat task management system.
- And many more!
For further information about this project please see